For far too long, a 90% drug failure rate has been the status quo. With Organ-on-a-Chip technology, researchers are leveraging human-relevant science and technology to redefine how we develop life-changing therapies for those that need them most. And we are just getting started.
Ground-breaking science takes courage, bravery, and a relentless pursuit of a healthier tomorrow. It takes a community. It takes Moxi.
Introducing Moxi: The Social Network for Organ-on-a-Chip Technology
Moxi is made for trailblazers. For the researcher never satisfied with the status quo. For the scientist who prizes progress over past achievements. For you and everyone around the world using, or interested in using, Organ-on-a-Chip technology. It is a platform dedicated to connecting with peers, keeping up with the latest news, and collaborating to accelerate science into a new era.
While Moxi is powered by Emulate, it is not an Emulate Technical Support forum. Above all, Moxi is a community for researchers, by researchers.
To celebrate the launch of Moxi, we’re offering members two competitions:
iPad Air® Drawing
The first 500 Moxi registrants will be entered to win an iPad Air®. One lucky winner will be randomly selected and notified via email. We will also share the winner’s name and institution on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Organ-Chip Image Competition
Registered members of Moxi will be eligible to submit up to one image from their Organ-Chip research, view the submissions, and vote for their favorite. The participant whose entry receives the most votes will win a paid trip to the 2023 MPS World Summit in Berlin, Germany. We look forward to seeing your beautiful images.
Who can participate?
- Anyone who wishes to enter the Organ-Chip Image Competition must be a registered user of moxicentral.com. If you are not currently a member, you can join here.
how to submit images
- All submissions and voting will take place here. You can also save this URL: https://woobox.com/yp7ysd. Good luck to everyone!
- Each participant must be a registered user of moxicentral.com.
- Each participant may only submit one photo.
- Each participant must agree to the terms and conditions of entry (listed below).
- The winner will be chosen by the Moxi Community. Voting will be available from May 31, 2022, to August 31, 2022. Each participant is allowed one vote.
- The participant whose entry received the most votes will win a trip to the 2023 MPS World Summit in Berlin, Germany.
- Organ-Chip Vendor
- Cell Type
- Microscope Type & Details
- Image Title
- Image Description
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Participants must be the original creator of image entries.
- By entering an image into this competition, participants give consent for Emulate, Inc to use their work on emulatebio.com, moxicentral.com, and promotional materials (e.g., social media, promotional brochures).
- When using images of people where any individual(s) feature prominently or are clearly identifiable, the entrant must obtain consent from any such individual before entering the competition.
- Submissions may not include any copyrighted material.
- Entrant names will appear with the image as a credit.
- Employment: The applicant must be an active employee or enrollee at a company or institution, and they must hold a position that requires them to perform cell biology research. Applicants are subject to certain further eligibility requirements set forth below.
Grant Award Scope:
- 1 winner will be selected and receive the following:
- Roundtrip airfare to and from Berlin, Germany
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the 2023 MPS World Summit conference
- 1 full conference registration badge
Additional Terms & Conditions:
- Applications must be entered via the online submission form between 12:00 am ET on May 31, 2022, and 11:59:59 pm ET on July 31, 2022.
- Voting via Woobox will conclude on August 31, 2022. Once the social voting has concluded, the winner will be notified via email by an Emulate representative.
- The award winner is responsible for any city, state, or federal tax liability incurred by accepting the award.
- Emulate reserves the right to select the winner in its sole discretion.
- Employees of Emulate and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Emulate reserves the right to disqualify participants who work for organizations that are direct competitors.
- No substitution or transfer of the awarded prize is permitted, except as allowed by Emulate.
- Participants agree that Emulate may process the personal data provided with the application in accordance with Emulate privacy policies. See https://emulatebio.com/legal for more information.
- Emulate may require the winner to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a release of liability, a publicity release, and other appropriate legal documentation reasonably requested by Emulate.
- These terms and conditions as well as any action related to this program will be governed by the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to, or application of, its conflict of law provisions or your state/country of residence.
- All claims, legal proceedings, or litigation arising in connection with these terms and conditions, or with this photo contest will be brought solely in front of the federal or state courts located in The Commonwealth of Massachusetts. All participants consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. By participating in this grant program, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these terms and conditions.
- By applying, you acknowledge that you are not prohibited from participating by employment, law, regulation, funding source, industry code of conduct, or the policies or practices of your institution or employer. This Program is void wherever prohibited.
- Please submit any questions about the Organ-Chip Image Competition to email@example.com
To get started, visit moxicentral.com and register your free account.